Spyderco Tasman Salt Diving or Seaman Knife
The Tasman Salt folder features a Hawkbill blade. This distinctive curved cutting tool has a claw-like tip that originated in the marine/commercial fishing industry. Cutting in and around water involves cutting line, netting and rope and it's done quickly, often at arms length while pulling downward or toward you. The blades arcing tip holds what you're cutting against the sharpened edge keeping it from slipping off the tip.
- Rustproof Hawkbill blade is made with state of the art non-rusting H-1 steel.
- H-1 is a precipitation-hardened steel containing nitrogen instead of carbon, which cannot rust.
- Hollow-ground blade offers remarkable cutting performance in and around fresh and saltwater.
- Handle is textured with a Volcano Grip-pattern and molded with fiberglass reinforced nylon (FRN).
- Equipped with a reversible left/right hand titanium pocket clip (also non-rusting) that positions the folder tip-up in the pocket.
- Dimensions: 4 in. closed, 6 13/16 in. overall, 2 15/16 in. blade.
We recommend threading a thong or cord through the lanyard hole for back-up retention around water, where once dropped, a knife is often lost or irretrievable.