Sea & Sea YS-D1 Underwater Strobe
The YS-D1 sets a new standard for underwater strobes.
From subtle light output as low as guide number 1 to a maximum power of guide number 32, control of underwater lighting has become effortless with the YS-D1.
- Equipped with SEA&SEA’s new slave TTL system called “DS-TTL ll
- The strobe can adjust the interval between the pre flash and the primary flash in order to be compatible with a wide-variety of cameras, if not all, on the market today.
- Powered by only four AA batteries, the YS-D1 offers a maximum light output of Guide Number 32
- The YS-D1 is the world’s first slave TTL strobe equipped with an exposure compensation (EV) control function
- A high-visibility three-colored LED indicator lamp is easy to read even during shooting
- The YS-D1 is equipped with a function that automatically switches modes between slave and conventional sync cord or vice versa
- Strobe mount can be selected
Note: *1 Number of flashes and recycle time depends on the battery brand, temperature and frequency of use.
- Guide Number (ISO 100/m) (land): 32, 24 (with Diffuser 100 attached), 20 (with Diffuser 120 attached)
- Beam Angle: 80 x 80 (without diffuser), 100 x 100 (diffuser 100), 120 x 120 (diffuser 120)
- Batteries: 4xAA A: 6V Ni-MH: 4.8V
- Number of Flashes*1: A: 150 Ni-MH: 250
- Recycle time (full)*2: A: 2.8 sec. Ni-MH: 1.9 sec.
- Color temperature: 5600K
- Color temperature w/diffuser]: 5250K
- Depth rating: 100m / 330ft
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - (Excluding protruding part(s) and the arm holder.): 87 x 135 x 111mm / 3.5 x 5.4 x 4.4 inches
- Weight: 650g / 22.9oz (w/o batteries)* Attached a YS Mount
- Strobe Adaptor and a fixing bolt to the Strobe
- Underwater weight: 0.5g / 0.02oz (w/ batteries)
- Exposure control: DS-TTL II, Slave TTL, Light level control dial (GN): 1 / 1.4 / 2 / 2.8 /4 / 5.6 /8 / 11 / 16 / 22 / 32 (11 steps)
- Pre-flash control: Equipped with pre-flash cancel mode
- DS-TTL II function
- Slave function
- Auto power OFF function
- Sync cord: 5-pin Sync cord/N, Fiber-Optic Cable (L-type)
- Over-pressure relief valve
- LED target light
*2 Number of flashes and recycle time of Ni-MH batteries were tested on 2400 mAh batteries.