Sea & Sea YS-02 Underwater Strobe/Flash Lighting Package
- Includes everything you need to make 2 YS-02s part of your underwater system
- Connects with a fiber optic cable
- Manual control is easy with the ten-level power dial
- Circular beam for a broad 100° x 100° angle of coverage
- Guide number 20 (ISO 100/m) for high power performance
- Recycle time of approximately 1.9 seconds with NiMH batteries at full power
The Sea & Sea YS-02 Dual Lighting Package comes with everything you need to use 2 YS-02 strobes with your digital camera. Using 2 strobes makes it easier to light large areas when using wide-angle lenses and allows creative use of light ratios when shooting macro, marine life, and divers. The Sea & Sea YS-02 strobe is designed to be compatible with most cameras with a built-in flash. The automatic pre-flash function will adjust for most digital or film cameras.
With its circular beam angle of 100 x 100° and a guide number of up to 20 it is the perfect strobe for small Point & Shoot cameras or DSLRs. Manual exposure control is easy, since the strobes have a ten-level power dial located on the back. This also makes creating a light ratio effects a snap.
The YS-02 is powered by 4-AA batteries. You can get up to 330 flashes at full power with NiMH batteries. With NiMH batteries you will get a blazing fast 1.9 second recycle time, so you will not miss all the action on the reef.
It is best to connect the strobe to the housing with the included fiber optic cables. Two Sea & Sea fiber-optic L-type Cables are included. Use them to connect the built-in sensor on the Sea & Sea strobe to the built-in flash on the camera. When the camera's internal flash fires, the cable will fire the YS-02 strobe. The L shaped connectors resist bending and have improved light conducting efficiency. The included Sea & Sea Strobe Mask Sets are used to attach the Sea & Sea fiber-optic cables to many manufacturers' underwater housings. The mask blocks the on-camera flash from exposing your subject. This prevents back-scatter. The grommet allows the cable to be attached in front of the on-camera flash so the light will trigger your external strobe.
The included Sea & Sea Sea Arm VII Compact is constructed of fiberglass-reinforced plastic resin offering a lightweight yet strong arm. With the included camera base, head adapter, double ball section medium, and 2 ball clamps this is a versatile arm for all your lighting needs.
An external flash is your most important accessory. The ocean is one big, blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. Using a color corrected strobe light will bring back your subject's natural color.
What's in the box:
- Configuration: 2 Strobe head, Sea Arm VII Compact, Sea Arm VII Compact Additional Arm, 2 Fiber Optic Cable, 2 Strobe Mask Set
- Guide No.: 20 (ISO 100/m)
- Power Rating: Not specified
- Coverage Angle: 100° x 100°
- Depth Rating: 250' (75m)
- Flash Modes: Manual
- Exposure Control: 10 step guide number control dial
- Slave: Yes
- Targeting Light: No
- Audible Signal: No
- Color Temperature: 5600° K
- Recycle Time: NiMH Battery: approximately 1.9 second
- Flashes (Full Power): Alkaline: 230
- Power Source: 4 AA batteries
- Dimensions: 2.7 x 4.3 x 5.2" (68 x 108 x 129mm)
- Weight (Land): 17.7 oz (505g)
- 2 x YS-02 Strobe Head Only
- 2 x Fiber Optic Sync Cable L-Type
- 2 x Strobe Mask Set
- Sea Arm VII Compact
- Sea Arm VII Compact Addtional Arm
- 2 x Diffuser
- 2 x Arm Fixing Bolt
- 2 x Silicon Grease
- 2 x O-Ring Installed
- 1-Year Warranty