Ikelite Underwater Housing for Nikon D800 / D800E DSLR
CAMERA, LENS, AND LENS PORT SOLD SEPARATELY!
Superior flash control
- Access to all important camera functions
- Capable of electrical TTL strobe exposure
- Comfortable rubber grips
- Glass optical viewfinder enhanced for underwater
- Visible o-ring seals
- Corrosion-proof solid body
- Ports available for most popular lenses
- Lens zoom gears included with housing
- 200ft (60m) depth rating
Direct connect flash is the most reliable and efficient way to fire an external underwater strobe. The camera's built-in flash does not need to fire, providing the extended battery life and no lag between exposures. Our proprietary circuitry allows direct communication between the camera and current Ikelite DS Substrobes* for the most accurate through-the-lens (TTL) metering control of an off-camera flash. Electrical bulkhead and TTL circuitry are provided standard and included in the base purchase price.
Rather than reaching out to your external strobe, exposure with a current DS Substrobe can be adjusted quickly through the back of the housing using a large dial control. TTL mode provides four 1/3 f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to fine tune exposure. Or control strobe output completely through the back of the housing using one of the 7 manual power settings provided in half-stop increments.
Controls are provided for every camera function except the metering selector, diopter adjustment control and flash pop-up button. Shutter, video recording start/stop, and a large zoom control knob can all be comfortably reached without removing your hands from the handles. Comfortable rubberized grips provide quick-release attachment points for strobes and accessories. The try and handles may be removed from the housing for convenience in traveling. The complete housing is neutral or slightly negative in freshwater depending on choice of lens port.
A clear view of the camera and o-ring seals facilitates easy assembly and operation. Heavy-duty polycarbonate construction is durable and corrosion-free to ensure performance in even demanding conditions. Lens ports can be removed and replaced quickly with a simple positive locking system which provides visible assurance when the housing is assembled properly.
Required Accessories (sold separately)
Ikelite Standard or Modular Lens Port
A compatible Ikelite lens port is required for operation of this housing and must be purchased separately. Lens ports vary based on length and type of lens.
Requires current model Ikelite DS Substrobe.
TTL circuitry does not operate with non-Ikelite strobes. Non-Ikelite strobes provide manual exposure only.
- Controls : All important camera functions are accessible, Controls are not provided for Metering Selector, Diopter Adjustment Control, Eyepiece Shutter Lever, Focus Selector Lock
- Width: 10in (250mm) including controls
- Height: 6.9in (175mm) including controls
- Depth: 6.5in (165mm) including controls
- Weight: 5.4lb (2.4kg) without tray & handles
- Buoyancy: Slightly negative in freshwater
- Depth Rating: 200ft (60m)
- Built-in Flash: No
- Strobe Connection: Ikelite digital TTL electrical bulkhead
- Tray Mounting: 12-24 thread with 3in spacing (76mm)
- Main O-Ring: 0132.61
- Port O-Ring: 0105
- Spare Parts: 5020 Silicone lubricant in 4 1cc tubes, 5512.69 O-Ring kit, 0200.91 Housing body cap, 9104.5 Electrical bulkhead cap