Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6i
Lens port sold separately and is not included.Click here for Required Lens Ports.
The Ikelite 6871.65 Underwater Housing for Canon EOS Rebel T4i is a waterproof case for your Canon T4i DSLR camera. Made of durable clear polycarbonate, a material known for its corrosion-resistant properties, the housing has a depth rating of 200' (60 m) and features visible O-ring seals. It offers access to all important camera functions via mechanical controls.
Comfortable rubber grips afford comfort and ease of use, while offering quick-release attachment points for strobes and accessories. These handles, along with the tray, are removable for travel. The optical glass viewfinder is designed to provide enhanced viewing beneath the surface. Ports are available--but not included--for most popular lenses, and can be removed and replaced quickly with a simple positive locking system. The housing's buoyancy is neutral or slightly negative in freshwater, depending upon your choice of port.
Controls are present and accessible for every camera function except the Diopter Adjustment Control and Flash button. Shutter, video recording start/stop, and a large zoom control knob can all be comfortably reached without taking your hands off the handles
The housing is capable of electrical TTL exposure with strobes, thanks to its built-in, hard-wired Canon eTTL2 circuitry. The camera's built-in flash does not have to fire, giving you extended battery life and eliminating lag between exposures. The eTTL2 circuitry enables direct communication between the camera and Ikelite DS Substrobes for highly accurate TTL metering control of an off-camera flash. Exposure with an Ikelite DS Substrobe is quickly and easily adjustable through the rear of the housing via two push buttons.
Settings are clearly indicated even in the dark by a series of LED lights. TTL mode provides four half f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to fine-tune exposure. Alternatively, you can control strobe output completely through the back of the housing via one of the of eight manual power settings provided in half-stop increments.
- Access to all important camera functions
- Capable of electrical TTL strobe exposure
- Comfortable rubber grips
- Glass optical viewfinder enhanced for underwater
- Visible o-ring seals
- Corrosion-proof solid body
- Ports available for most popular lenses
- Lens zoom gears included with housing
- 200ft (60m) depth rating
- Controls: All important camera functions are accessible
- Controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Control or Flash Button
- Width: 9.5in (240mm) including controls
- Height: 6.7in (170mm) including controls
- Depth: 6.5in (165mm) including controls
- Weight: 5.5lb (2.5kg) without tray & handles
- Buoyancy: Neutral in freshwater; Dependant on lens & port
- Depth Rating: 200ft (60m)
- Built-in Flash: No
- Strobe Connection: Ikelite digital TTL electrical bulkhead
- Tray Mounting: 12-24 thread with 3in spacing (76mm)
- Main O-Ring: 0132.59
- Port O-Ring: 0105
- Spare Parts: 5020 Silicone lubricant in 4 1cc tubes
- 5512.68 O-Ring kit (Main & port o-rings, lubricant)
- 0200.91 Housing body cap
- 9104.5 Electrical bulkhead cap
A lens port is required to match the specific lens on SLR cameras.