Ikelite DS-51 Compact & Lightweight Substrobe Unit (This is the Strobe only, Does not come with mount, arm, etc.
A Powerful Little Travel Companion.
Compact and Easy To Use
The size and weight of the DS51 make it the perfect choice for the traveling underwater photographer. The DS51's intensity and angle of coverage are comparable to any strobe in its class. The strobe can easily switch between TTL/Auto and any of the six manual power settings through a large, easy-to-turn dial on the rear of the strobe.
A simple battery door is easy to remove and replace and provides a clear view of the o-ring seal. The strobe's battery compartment is independently sealed from the electronics preventing further damage in the event of a flood.
TTL Flash Exposure
When combined with a compatible Ikelite TTL system or film TTL system, the DS51 automatically adjusts brightness to provide perfect exposure whether you're shooting macro, portrait or wide angle.
- 50 Watt/seconds power with a guide #28 (underwater at ISO 100)
- Operates TTL when connected by an appropriate sync cord to some Ikelite housings or manual exposure mode with six manual power settings in one-half f-stop increments
- 70° angle of coverage, 80° with diffuser
- Recycle time of 3.5 seconds (Full power)
- Up to 200 flashes with full power batteries
- 5700° kelvin color temperature
- Configuration: Strobe head only
- Guide No.: 56 Surface, 28 Underwater
- Power Rating: 50 Watt/seconds
- Coverage Angle: 70° (28mm Lens Coverage) 80° with diffuser
- Depth Rating: 300' (90 m)
- Flash Modes: TTL, Manual Exposure Control, Six manual power settings in one-half f-stop increments
- Slave: No
- Targeting Light: No
- Audible Signal: No
- Color Temperature: 5700° K
- Recycle Time: 3.5 Seconds
- Flashes (Full Power): Approx. 200
- Power Source: 4x AA Batteries
- Dimensions: 3.2 x 3.2 x 4.7" (81 x 81 x 119 mm)
- Weight (Land): 1.3 lb (0.59 kg)