Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6i
Camera, Lens and Lens port sold separately and is not included.
All of the professional-grade features a camera of this caliber demands.
The only Canon EOS 650D housing to offer built-in hard-wired true Canon eTTL2 metering with an underwater strobe.
And more than a little pocket change left over for your next equipment purchase.
Superior flash control
- Access to all important camera functions
- Capable of electrical TTL strobe exposure
- Comfortable rubber grips
- Glass optical viewfinder enhanced for underwater
- Visible o-ring seals
- Corrosion-proof solid body
- Ports available for most popular lenses
- Lens zoom gears included with housing
- 200ft (60m) depth rating
Direct connect flash is the most reliable and efficient way to fire an external underwater strobe. The camera's built-in flash does not need to fire, providing the extended battery life and no lag between exposures. Our proprietary circuitry allows direct communication between the camera and current Ikelite DS Substrobes* for the most accurate through-the-lens (TTL) metering control of an off-camera flash. Electrical bulkhead and TTL circuitry are provided standard and included in the base purchase price.
Rather than reaching out to your external strobe, exposure with a current DS Substrobe can be adjusted quickly through the back of the housing using two pushbuttons. Settings are clearly indicated even at night by a series of LED lights. TTL mode provides four half f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to fine tune exposure. Or control strobe output completely through the back of the housing using one of the 8 manual power settings provided in half-stop increments.
Controls are provided for every camera function except the Diopter Adjustment Control and Flash button. Shutter, video recording start/stop, and a large zoom control knob can all be comfortably reached without removing your hands from the handles. Comfortable rubberized grips provide quick-release attachment points for strobes and accessories. The try and handles may be removed from the housing for convenience in traveling. The complete housing is neutral or slightly negative in freshwater depending on choice of lens port.
A clear view of the camera and o-ring seals facilitates easy assembly and operation. Heavy-duty polycarbonate construction is durable and corrosion-free to ensure performance in even demanding conditions. Lens ports can be removed and replaced quickly with a simple positive locking system which provides visible assurance when the housing is assembled properly.
Required Accessories(sold separately)
Ikelite Standard or Modular Lens Port
A compatible Ikelite lens port is required for operation of this housing and must be purchased separately.
Requires current model Ikelite DS Substrobe.
Non-Ikelite strobes provide manual exposure only.
Lens ports vary based on length and type of lens.
- Controls : All important camera functions are accessible, Controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Control or Flash Button
- Width: 9.5in (240mm) including controls
- Height: 6.7in (170mm) including controls
- Depth: 6.5in (165mm) including controls
- Weight: 5.5lb (2.5kg) without tray & handles
- Buoyancy: Neutral in freshwater; Dependant on lens & port
- Depth Rating: 200ft (60m)
- Built-in Flash: No
- Strobe Connection: Ikelite digital TTL electrical bulkhead
- Tray Mounting: 12-24 thread with 3in spacing (76mm)
- Main O-Ring: 0132.59
- Port O-Ring: 0105
- Spare Parts: 5020 Silicone lubricant in 4 1cc tubes, 5512.68 O-Ring kit (Main & port o-rings, lubricant), 0200.91 Housing body cap, 9104.5 Electrical bulkhead cap