Ikelite 6801.31 Underwater Housing for Nikon D3100
( Lens port, camera and lens not included.)
This Ikelite 6801.31 Underwater Housing for Nikon D3100 allows TTL operation with Ikelite digital DS SubStrobes when connected to the housing's bulkhead by a sync cord. The circuitry provides four 1/3 f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to be added to or subtracted from any compensation entered into the camera. Seven manual power settings in half-stop increments allow for complete creative control. All choices are obtained by simply rotating a knob on the housing back.
The housing is rated to a depth of 200' (60 m). The auto exposure lock and focus lock are placed where they can be activated with your thumb while taking a picture. Camera installation is quick and simple and the o-ring seal can be checked visually through the clear housing.
The Release Handle system allows for easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms at the touch of a button. Two screws remove the handle and tray assembly for traveling. The housing is sized and weighted for near neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater. An External Strobe is recommended to improve the images by reducing the illumination of particles suspended in the water.
An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses. The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask.
Note: Requires Lens Port, to match specific lens on SLR camera. Please also note that some zoom lenses might require addition of a Close-Up #4 diopter filter on the lens.
- External Flash Ready: TTL compatible with all DS Substrobes
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction: Strong and corrosion-free; Unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of O-ring seal
- Camera Functions: All except diopter adjustment dial
- Enhanced Viewing: The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask
- Mechanical Controls: The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip, and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Multiple Lens Capability: An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allow use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses
- Release Handle: Easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms, and other accessories, at the touch of a button
- Size: 10" wide x 7" high x 6.5" deep ( including controls, not including tray & handles ).
- Weight: 5.5lb (2.4kg) housing only weight above water.(7.8lb (3.5kg) housing with tray & handles.)
- Buoyancy: Slightly negative buoyancy underwater ( actual buoyancy varies based on choice of lens and port ).
- Spare Parts: #0132.59 Spare Main Housing O-Ring, #0105 Spare Port-to-Housing O-Ring, #5020 Silicone Lubricant in 4 1cc Tubes, #5512.68 O-Ring Kit with Main O-Ring, Port O-ring & 1cc Lube